Increase Conversions with Product Customization
Shoppers are increasingly searching for products and shopping experiences that differ from others and brands are searching for innovative ways to provide shoppers one-of-a-kind experiences. Product customization is a powerful way to provide unique product options, sticky experiences, and an overall increase in conversions.
L2 Research reports that brands delivering unique experiences not only differentiate their products, but also get an idea of what consumers want, better understand marketing, and improve customer loyalty and engagement. Personalization offers a differentiated experience for shoppers, which in turn leads to increased traffic, more transactions, customer loyalty and higher conversions.
*The statistics highlighted in Innovation Trend: Online Product Customization go deeper on the power behind product customization:
- 41% of shoppers want unique products
- 32% of shoppers want fun experiences
- 28% desire individual expression
- 64% of people age 18-34 desire customization
- 20% of shoppers are willing to pay more
- 48% of shoppers are willing to wait longer for products
- 67% of administrators noticed an increase in traffic
- 20-40% increased time on site
- 22-30% of administrators see increased conversions
Product customization increases conversions by gaining shopper loyalty, offering individualized shopping experiences and providing desired product options. Whether it’s offering shoppers fun options or identifying the need for individual expression, product customization provides a wealth of benefits.
For more information on product customization, download Innovation Trend: Online Product Customization on the right sidebar.
*Sources can be found in the Innovation Trend: Online Product Customization presentation